Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Coffee, an addict's update

Guys, guess what: The Officer came home with vinegar yesterday – to save me from “roughing it” too much!  I’m so excited! 


Here’s a link (for all you K-cuppers out there.  Jade – there are even instructions for Karl) to the descaling instructions.  I’ve already started the process with Kevin.  I think he’ll make a full recovery.

Wait, what? I HAVE TO WAIT FOUR HOURS BEFORE RINSING?!  Ugh, looks like it’s Cowboy Coffee again here.
Well, while I'm building IKEA furniture and quaffing my stove-top brew, you guys can try some for yourselves.  Below are the instructions my Grandmother, a true renaissance woman, gave me to help keep the grounds down. 

Cowboy Coffee, for the desperate days

·         Add 3 tablespoons of ground coffee to 1 cup of water (more or less depending on taste) in sauce pot

·         Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat

·         Once coffee has boiled, add ½ Cup COLD water, to keep grounds in bottom of pot.

Thanks, Grandma!

Once again, I raise my stove-top, cowboy coffee mug to you, reader.  Here’s hoping tomorrow’s batch is from my coffee brewer.  *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. And we both know you NEED coffee unless someone is offering free ears today after your friend has talked yours off till the wee hours last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned something very handy after I returned my Keurig for constantly needing Descaling. Apparently, high altitude makes the k cups shoot the coffee into the needle so poke them with a straight pin to let the air out before you put them in the machine. Works like a charm. :)

    ReplyDelete